"Special Needs Ministries Awareness" -- April 26, 2014
Special Needs Ministries Awareness
On Sabbath, April 26, 2014, the Seventh-day Adventist Church will be focusing on Ministries for Those With Special Needs. Every congregation is encouraged to introduce and explore the privilege and responsibility of a loving faith community to show God’s love to those with special needs. The resources on this page offer to local churches some innovative ways to raise awareness among their members of the unique gifts of those with disabilities.
- The Masterpieces Around Us: a children’s story to illustrate the talents and qualities that only those with disabilities may contribute to the local church.
- What Makes Special Needs So Special: a Sabbath School program exploring ways in which a congregation may develop a vital ministry for those with special needs.
- God Does Not Make Mistakes: a sermon for the divine service that expresses a scriptural approach to ministry for those with disabilities.
- Special Needs Ministries: a full booklet outlining a redemptive approach to a ministry for those with special needs that can make a significant impact on the heart of the local church.
- Ministering to the Sight-impaired: some very practical guidelines for those who like to minister more effectively to those who are blind.
- Resources for the Blind: a webpage offering a variety of materials for the sight-impaired.
- Ministering to Families Affected by Autism: summarizing the challenges—and opportunities—of serving parents of autistic children.
- Ministering to and Through Blind and Deaf Individuals: an overview of the ways in which a local church may address the needs of those who are blind and deaf.
- Outsiders in a Hearing Church: ways in which a congregation may be made more aware of ministry to the deaf.
- Improved Ministry for the Deaf: some often overlooked approaches to including the deaf in the church family.